- Bachcare – New Zealand holiday home and bach rental accommodation
- Respect NZ – one map, every camping location (same as Camping NZ app)
- DOC Campgrounds – we also recommend picking up the paper brochures from an iSite
- Holiday Parks – useful when you need a hot shower
- CamperMate – remember to download the ‘offline maps’
Driving in NZ
- drivesafe.org.nz – provides basic information about New Zealand road rules and etiquette, along with links to more details about everything that those unfamiliar with our roads need to know.
Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Whakarewarewa Forest The most famous and apparently best in NZ. We’ve not been there yet so we can’t tell you for sure but it will have to be very good to beat Woodhill.
- Woodhill Bike Park A fantastic collection of trails just West of Auckland. Sandy ground and so good for wet days. Tame routes through to crazy structures. Mountain bike to your heart’s content
Aotearoa / New Zealand
For those who don’t know, ‘Aotearoa’ is the ‘Te Reo’ name for New Zealand. ‘Te Reo’ is the Maori language. See, you’ve learnt something already